▶ Introduction of Lab.
In nano-scale device group in Semiconductor Materials and Devices Laboratory (SMDL), we have made our efforts on design and fabrication of non-volatile memories (NVM), tunneling devices, and neuromorphic system.
For the realization of high density NVM, various types of 3-dimensional stacked SONOS flash memories and resistive random access memory (RRAM) are proposed and fabricated. And, tunneling field-effect transistors (TFETs) for fast on-off switching device have been carried out. Recently, for the realization of neuromorphic system, some studies about synaptic device are ongoing.
Research Interests & Projects
Journals & Patents
▶ Selected papers and patents
B.-G. Park, S.W. Hwang, and Y.J. Park, \"Nanoelectronic Devices,\" Pan Stanford Publishing, 2012
1. Hyungjin Kim, Sungmin Hwang, Jungjin Park, Sangdoo Yun, Jong-Ho Lee, and Byung-Gook Park, "Spiking neural network using synaptic transistors and neuron circuits for pattern recognition with noisy images," IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 630-633, Apr. 2018 [SCI]
2. Min-Hwi Kim, Sungjun Kim, Kyung-Chang Ryoo, Seongjae Cho, and Byung-Gook Park, "Circuit-level simulation of resistive-switching random-access memory cross-point array based on a highly reliable compact model," Journal of Computational Electronics, Vol. 17, pp. 273-278, Mar. 2018 [SCI]
3. Hyungjin Kim, Min-Chul Sun, Sungmin Hwang, Hyun-Min Kim, Jong-Ho Lee, and Byung-Gook Park, "Fabrication of asymmetric independent dual-gate FinFET using sidewall spacer patterning and CMP processes," Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 185-186, pp. 29-34, Jan. 2018 [SCI]
4. Sungjun Kim, Hyungjin Kim, Sungmin Hwang, Min-Hwi Kim, Yao-Feng Chang, and Byung-Gook Park, "Analog Synaptic Behavior of a Silicon Nitride Memristor," ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol. 9, No. 46, pp. 40420-40427, Nov. 2017 [SCI]
박병국, 김성준, 김민휘, 김태현, 이상호, "3차원 적층을 위한 실리콘 하부전극을 갖는 저항변화메모리 및 그 제조방법"\
- Korean Patent filed 10-2017-0142238, September 17, 2017\
박병국, 김윤, 김형진, “뉴로모픽 시스템, 및 기억 장치"\
- Korean Patent filed 10-2017-0020130, February 14, 2017\
- United States Patent filed 15/643,902, July 7, 2017\